Sunday, March 10, 2013

Love

Why is it so hard to accept one of the things that people crave the most?

For most of my life I have been told how bad I am as a person. People in my life have always been quick to point out my faults and very rarely my attributes. This has left me believing that I am unworthy of love and completely unable to accept it. 

Over the past few months I have been dating a truly incredible man. Although he isn't one for confessing emotion and in fact told me that he doesn't believe that love exists, he recently told me that he loved me and believed me when I told him that I love him. When we first started dating, he told me that I simply had to accept when he told me how beautiful I was and not argue with him on that. It is hard, but I try to believe him and accept the adoration. I have never felt this way about anyone and it is terrifying and exhilerating. He makes me feel like a princess and worthy of being loved. I don't know how to accept that I am indeed worthy of being loved.

I want nothing more than to be with him, make him happy, cherish and adore him the way that he does me, but if I am not able to receive and accept it how can I give it?  Wouldn't it be better to protect him than to not be able to give him what he deserves? I would rather die than hurt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment