Saturday, March 19, 2011

End of an era

I have had a friend for several years.  We have shared a lot, we have gone through a lot together, we have talked about a multitude of subjects.  I knew that they were going to be moving soon, but I wasn't told when.  I tried to get together with them tonight and I got a text back saying that they no longer live in Lynchburg anymore. I shouldn't be upset but I really am.  We were friends but although we had gone through a lot together we didn't see or even talk on a very regular basis. 

It is not very likely that we will continue our friendship now that they have moved and I am saddened by that.  I have had a lot friends that I have lost connection with over time due to me moving or them moving.  I knew this one wouldn't last but I didn't think it would end so abruptly. 

The end of an era indeed.  Eventually, when I dry my tears I will be able to look at all the things that this particular friendship has given me and be able to see the beauty of it, but for now it is tears and pain.

1 comment:

  1. Nice posts, blog! It's really sad when such events happen... I feel the same way when i know that i probably never see many of my friends from abroad... Luckily, we have Internet!
    I hope a suggestion of mine will be welcome? Using sites like zazzle.com, cafepress. com, fiverr? They could be a good way to promote your works/blog, etc and to help "remove" stupidity in the streets like headlines on t-shirts, fridge-magnets, cups, etc: My Boyfriend kisses Better Than Yours, FBI - female body inspector, etc. Not everything we see and think of should be about sex, right? It would be much better if there were more nice pictures of mythical creatures, good thoughts, poems from fantasy genre, etc? I'm allanbard there, I use some of my illustrations, thoughts, poems from my books (like: One can fight money only with money, Even in the hottest fire there's a bit of water, Money are among the last things that make people rich, or
    Love and happiness will be around,
    as all the chains will disappear,
    and Mountaineers will climb their mount
    and there won't be any tear!
    etc). I guess such lines, quotes look and sound much better than the usual we see every day? Best wishes! Let the wonderful noise of the sea always sounds in your ears! (a greeting of the water dragons' hunters - my Tale Of The Rock Pieces).

    ReplyDelete